Traveling in your RV for Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you have to eat dinner at a pricey restaurant. In fact, you can cook a high-end, restaurant-quality meal easily in the comfort of your RV. This seafood and pasta recipe with a cherry tomato fra diavolo sauce will make you and your lover feel like you’re dining at a costly restaurant without the price or stuffy atmosphere.
Seafood and Pasta with Cherry Tomato Fra Diavolo Sauce
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed seafood (lobster, shrimp, crab meat, white fish)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Fresno chile peppers (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- To create the sauce, heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Stir in the chiles, garlic and onions. Stir for 5 minutes. Season the sauce with salt and pour in the sherry. Continue cooking until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Stir tomatoes and oregano into the sauce, then cover until tomatoes burst open (10-15 minutes). Stir in the parsley and basil, then remove from heat.
- To cook the pasta, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Pat the seafood dry then sprinkle it with Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat, then cook the seafood in the oil until heated through.
- Use the vermouth to deglaze the pan and scrape the brown pieces from the bottom.
- Cook the pasta to al dente and drain. Toss the sauce with the pasta and fold in the seafood.
- Serve with your favorite green salad and fresh bread.