You don’t have to give up your hobby of baking (or love of sweet treats) when you’re living life on the road. This chocolate chip banana bread with peanut butter icing recipe is the only one you need to make your travels even sweeter.
What you’ll need:
For the banana bread:
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 medium to large bananas
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the icing:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your RV oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch by 5-inch baking pan.
- Mash the bananas, vanilla extract, brown sugar and ground cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the eggs until fully mixed.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mashed banana mixture into the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes, then lower the temperature to 325 and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Your cake tester should come out clean with a few crumbs attached. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Create the peanut butter icing by beating the peanut butter, heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. The mixture should be thick but easy to drizzle onto the bread.
- Once the bread has cooled, drizzle the peanut butter icing on the bread. Dig in!