This is a fantastic recipe for a number of reasons. It’s easy to make, it doesn’t make a big mess to prepare, it’s customizable (you can add pretty much anything to it), it can be made ahead of time (handy if you need to feed lots of people), and it can be eaten pretty much anywhere, whether at a picnic table or while on a hike deep in the woods. They’re also filling and delicious to boot.
No-Mess Breakfast Bread Bowls
- 4 bread rolls (soft or crusty)
- 4 small slices of ham, or 2 big ones cut in half
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Cut the tops off the bread rolls.
- Scoop out the center and reserve. To be neat, use a small knife to cut a round outline before scooping out the center.
- Line the bread bowl with a layer of ham. Try to use one whole piece if you can because then there is less chance of egg seeping through and being soaked up by the bread.
- Crack in an egg.
- Top each with 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of parsley (optional).
- Put the top back on each roll. Wrap with foil and place in oven to bake for ~15 to 25 minutes. Take a peek at 15 minutes to check them. 15 minutes = runny yolks. 20 minutes = firm just cooked yolks. 25 minutes + = very cooked yolks.
- Remove from oven, unwrap and serve immediately.
Visit Capital RV Center
Stop by Capital RV Center to tour a new or used RV and to find the one that’s right for you. If you’ve already got an RV, but need it checked, contact the service department at Capital RV Center to schedule time with a technician.