When you’re out on the road this summer and you’ve got some hungry mouths to feed, it’s great to have something easy and filling on your menu. Try this four cheese bacon macaroni to satisfy any hunger, even after you’ve spent a day out in the sun exploring.
Four Cheese Bacon Mac
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta
- 6 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup colby-jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 slices Kraft American cheese
- Cook bacon as desired.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 3qt baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook cavatappi pasta as directed on the package.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and flour together over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, pouring in a thin stream and stirring constantly.
- Stir in onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Allow milk mixture to come to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer two minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together cheddar, colby-jack, and mozzarella.
- Whisk in sliced cheese and 1 1/4 cups of cheddar mixture. Remove from heat.
- Toss the bacon pieces in with remaining cheddar mixture.
- Combine pasta and cheese sauce, toss to coat.
- Pour half into prepared dish and sprinkle with a generous cup of the bacon-cheese mixture. Repeat layering.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
Visit Capital RV Center
Stop by Capital RV Center this summer to tour a new or used motorhome or travel trailer. Find one that’s perfect for your summer adventures and hit the road. If you’ve already got an RV, allow the service department at Capital RV Center to check it over and make sure it’s ready for extended travel.