Slow cookers are an RVer’s best friend. They let you enjoy all the deliciousness of a home cooked meal without trapping you in the kitchen all day long. When you’re out on the road and set up at a state or national park, who has time for cooking when there’s exploration to be done? Just set this up earlier in the day and come back to a perfectly tender pot roast dinner!
Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 chuck roast (3-4 lbs)
- 1 lb baby carrots (or carrots, cut to about 1″ pieces)
- 1½ lbs potatoes (any variety, cut into about 1″ pieces if necessary)
- 4 Tbsp homemade dry onion soup mix
- 1 batch homemade cream of mushroom soup
- Place half the potatoes and carrots on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Next, place the chuck roast on top of the vegetables.
- Place remaining vegetables on top and around the chuck roast.
- Pour homemade dry onion soup mix and homemade cream of mushroom soup over the top.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for at least 8 hours, preferably 10.
- Shred meat slightly with two forks, serve hot.
Visit Capital RV Center
Stop by Capital RV Center this fall before you hit the road for any road trips. Whether you need to get your rig checked over for the journey or you want to purchase a new or used RV for your trip, Capital RV Center can help.