This recipe let’s you get some south-of-the-border flavor without a lot of work. Readily cooked in a crock-pot, you can start this early in the day before you head out for some outdoor recreation and have it ready for when you come back later in the day.
Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 heaping tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Diced Fire Roasted Garlic Tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh cilantro (optional)
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- Toppings – cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, etc.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over the chicken. Top with diced onion and then pour tomatoes over the top. Top with the undrained green chiles. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove lid from slow cooker and shred the chicken with two forks. Add cilantro and mix to combine. Serve.
- Prepare the tortillas; for soft tacos, heat flour tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 30 seconds per side (just long enough to get them slightly toasted and warm); for crispy tacos, heat a generous amount of vegetable oil in a small frying pan over medium high heat. When the oil is good and hot, carefully add a corn tortilla. Only allow to cook about 1 minute per side then remove to paper towels to drain. Blot top of tortilla with paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Visit Capital RV Center
Stop by Capital RV Center this summer to tour a new or used motorhome or travel trailer. Find one that’s perfect for your summer adventures and hit the road. If you’ve already got an RV, allow the service department at Capital RV Center to check it over and make sure it’s ready for extended travel.