Try this chicken the next time you’re stopped at an RV park. This recipe will make plain old chicken legs burst with savory flavor.
Sticky-Sweet Bacon-Glazed Chicken
- 6 large chicken legs, bone in, skin on
- 1/2 cup ginger honey
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
For the glaze:
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a pot, combine ginger honey, molasses, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and sriracha.
- Bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch and water slurry (the sauce will thicken), then remove off the heat.
- Line the slow cooker with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to avoid sticking.
- In a bowl, season the chicken legs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the legs to the slow cooker bowl along with the glaze you just made, add 1/2 cup of water and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Glaze in a pan, cook the bacon until it is crisp, then remove to a paper-towel-lined plate and let cool. If you didn’t chop it, crumble it now. Set aside.
- Drain the grease. Add the honey & Worcestershire sauce.
- Let bubble over medium heat. Once it is bubbly, add in the chopped bacon.
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until it has thickened lightly, then remove from heat. Set aside
- When 3 hours is up, add this sauce to your chicken in the crockpot. Cook for an additional hour.
- After cook time is complete, remove the legs and place them on a baking sheet.
- Take the sauce from the crock pot bowl and put into a smaller container. Using this sauce, baste the legs liberally all over.
- Broil the legs in the oven until they begin to caramelize.
- Bring the sheet out and turn the legs over, then liberally brush the legs again with the sauce.
- Broil again for a few minutes or until the legs begin to caramelize.
- If there is remaining sauce left, feel free to use as a dipping sauce.
Visit Capital RV Center
Stop by Capital RV Center this summer before you hit the road for any road trips. Whether you need to get your rig checked over for the journey or you want to purchase a new or used RV for your trip, Capital RV Center can help.